Sunday, March 20, 2011

Village Green Quilters - Yateley

I feel I a doomed to always be one booking behind in my blog. I guess that is just a feature of being this busy. After flying back on Monday I had a booking for a talk on Tuesday. I would admit it wasn't my most organized talk. I think I left my brain on the plane, so I forgot quite a few things. Still the van is well packed and even with things missing I have enough to talk about (more than enough probably). This group meet in the lounge of a care home, unusual but quite a clever use of space. The quilters are keeping the room in use for a few more hours and given the shortage of space and especially heated meeting rooms this seems a very neat solution. It even had a ceiling just high enough for me to hang Phoenix Rising (yes it is big enough for that to be an issue).

It turned out to be another group with several people I know in, and some more who had seen me speak before. Fortunately I never quite do the same talk twice so everyone gets to hear and see something different. It also saves me from getting bored with the talk. I don't know how many times I have given it but I think it's enough to have got bored by now. It was also nice to discover this Yateley was closer to London than I thought so I was home before midnight. The guide back to the motorway was very much appreciated too, my sat nav isn't fixed yet and I am not good at reading directions in the dark while driving. Thanks guys for all the help getting packed and home it made a huge difference.

2 comments:

Terry Donaldson said...

You're welcome :-) Think I'm even more behind than you - just catching up reading blogs - 3 months later!!

Terry Donaldson said...

You're welcome :-) Think I'm even more behind than you - just catching up reading blogs - 3 months later!!
We enjoyed the talk BTW!