Sunday, March 27, 2011

Sussex

Sorry guys, I can't remember the group name so please feel free to leave a comment and tell me. These are some pictures from Tuesdays workshop. This was one of the bookings that nearly caught me out. I know it's only a 2 hour drive from my house, except if there is rush hour involved. Fortunately I worked it out just in time and drove down to Pease Pottage services the night before. They aren't great services and are really too noisy even for me. Still it left me with a short and beautiful drive Tuesday morning.

It was a cold night followed by a hot day and there was a solid blanket of mist over the Downs. Just the tops of hills were visable apparently floating in the sky, it really was magical. After threading your way between the hills you get lots of open spcae with the sea in the distance. I love Sussex, I just can't help it.

I was g;ad I had used sattelite images to check the exact location of the hall as it was furter up the road than I would have expected but very easy to find when you know what you are looking for. It's a nice hall with plenty of parking, and a reasonabl;e number of sockets. It also had a very pretty modern stained glass window over the door. As you can see there was lots of room for people to spread out.

The class was Caveman Tulips as per Ricky Tims. Nearly everyone went home with well progrressed tulips. One lady did have a fabric which didn't want to do the class. While that must have been very frustrating she stayed, learned and helped outhers. I hope she will give the technique another go with more obliging fabrics. I've only shared the best of my pictures here, the sun was making photography very difficult. Hopefully they will be good enough to appreciate the amount of work and creativity that the group achieved. I thought it was a fun day, they are a friendly group and get the award for the most robust ham roll ever. It was really nice and amazingly filling. I fed the second roll to Tet for dinner!

1 comment:

Two Wednesdays said...

Hi I think it must have been Ouse Valley Quilters (having just spotted my friend in the photos and I know she attended your "tulips" class)