Friday, February 06, 2009

This is my latest side project. Cutting kits at the shop produces lots of odd strips. We had been thinking of kitting with them, until last week when someome mentioned rag rugs on a mail list. So last night before my class I had a go at it. My first attempt took about 15 minutes and was a bit of a dogs dinner. This is take two. I guess it's 2 or 3 hours work at most. The strips I've used aren't all the same width, I've just grabbed whatever came by, and it works. Also it's cat approved, as you can see. I don't know how much larger this one will be. I rather like the way the colours are working and I've nearly used up what I have of those colours.

4 comments:

Penny said...

That looks like a ot of fun.

Ferret said...

It really is, I suspect you can use pretty much anything to do it too.

I fancy a denim rug I think...

Ferret said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
tea and cake said...

This is lovely, and so effective, hmmm, hope I've got some time to have a go at this.