Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Wanted - Pattern testers

  • Do you like being the first to try a new pattern?
  • Do you love finding a designers mistakes?
  • Do you enjoy the challenge of badly written and occasionally missing instructions?
  • Do you love working just for the satisfaction of a job well done?
  • Can you deal with all that and communicate the problems back to the designer?

If so you could be the person I am looking for. I have several patterns I am working on at the moment, and I am running low on people to test them. Besides I think that over time people become used to your way of describing things and may not pick up something that would be confusing to others. I can't afford to pay you, but I will happily credit testers. If you think this is something you would like to have a go at, please get in touch either via the comments or the contact link to the right.

9 comments:

Nancy said...

What's involved? Would love to learn more. Thanks!!

Nancy

Betty Donahue said...

I wouldn't mind doing one to see how we work together. I'm always up for a challenge.
Betty

Anonymous said...

User testing patterns - that is brilliant - I love it!

Ferret said...

Oh yes, user testing is essential. It is scary how many errors can slip through friends who know how I speak. The most stunning one we managed was to lose a whole instruction during the typesetting process. No one spotted it until after the first print run. Four people checked that pattern.

carrie said...

I am dreadful at understanding patterns so I would think that if I can do something, then anyone could. I don't know if that's any use?

Ferret said...

Yes Carrie you could well be ideal, but I have no way to contact you. Please drop me an email.

Ferret said...

Betty, I've just realised I can't email you either. If you use the contact me link you will be able to email me and I will send you the information.

Anonymous said...

I've just discovered your blog and consider myself a fan. I'd love to be considered for a pattern tester. I think it'd be fun and a great learning experience.

Julie said...

I would love to be one of your testers. You have some great ideas! I've been sewing for years..