Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Feeling smug, and rather tired.


I feel like I've had a holiday and that I have been stunningly productive. I'm not even sure how you can feel both things at the same time, but I am very pleased I do. As you can see I've got the side panels on my bugs quilt. I was hoping to get that final two borders on but it wasn't to be tonight. I think this will be the first of my patterns for big kids. I've been thinking a lot about patterns for big quilts using novelty prints, I know too many big people who want silly quilts. It also struck me that some of the same patterns might work really well with other big print fabrics. So I will test them in my loud prints then go hunting some more traditional fabrics to try them in. I will make sure the quilts have a smaller option too for the real kids out there.

Today I've also managed to write two more chapters of my book. It is a bit of a cheat, I am into quite short chapters now, but still it sounds good. I hope my students will enjoy it, even though I spotted a typo just after printing 20 copies. A typo that my spell checker managed to miss even though I am certain it isn't a valid word.

So over the weekend, while having my relaxing time off I've,
  • made most of a king size quilt top
  • quilted two customer quilts
  • written a requirements list
  • made a necklace
  • cut a king size quilt top
  • sewn half a quilt as you go quilt
  • written a pattern for a quilt
  • written two chapters of my book
  • listened to three audio books
  • watched half a series of The Equalizer
  • utterly failed to eat fish and chips (not for want of trying)
and perhaps most importantly, had fun. Can you see why I can't understand why it felt like a holiday?

I have to share this link. It was sent to a mail list I am on, and I just love this artistic use for old technology.

For those interested, this weekends racing was largely a washout, but Trogdor did manage a new fastest ET. We think it has a 13 second run in it somewhere, we just have to find it.

No comments: