Thursday, May 29, 2008

Skinny Envelope

I think it is a sign you've entered too many shows when you can tell from the feel of the envelope what it says. When it obviously only has one sheet of paper, it's thanks but no thanks. So my piecewon't be hanging at the Summer Exhibition this year. Rest assured I will be trying again next year. Hopefully encouraging some more quilters to try as well. Quality is important, but I am sure that quantity will improve the chances of a quilt being hung too.

Hopefully this year I wil have a bit more thinking time :) Now what am I going to do with the second Nude with Rope? It's on a rigid frame so it will be a pain to ship anywhere, but it is striking, and I would like to see it displayed somewhere. Of course that does assume it hasn't got damaged during the judging process. I suppose I could cut it off the frame and bind it for quilt shows.

No comments: