Monday, January 28, 2008

Busy Busy Busy

Well as we know your best decisions are made when feeling less than your best. No! Well it had better turn out to to be true. Yesterday I finally had time to go and look at the gallery again and start planning what will go where. The good news is that I had mostly remembered things correctly and I have almost the right amount of work to do the space justice. Even allowing for the extra room I have for the private viewing. However I had underestimated one wall so a very large piece I had been putting off is now needed somewhat urgently. Not a crisis, just and irritation. So last night was mostly spent preparing the biggest pictorial pattern I've ever done. It's kinda daunting, not difficult so much as huge. I am struggling to see where I am going to start in putting it together. Still I am sure it will come to me at some point.

I also found out last night that I need a dollar account. I said a while ago that as soon as I won some dollars I would get a dollar account as I do quite a lot of business in dollars. Well I didn't know that there is prize money for my awards at Road 2 California. I am so chuffed. Of course if I payed them into a UK account I would have to pay the bank rather than get money but that isn't the point. I've got real money for a prize, and that doesn't happen often. I only found out because the winners are up on the Road 2 Ca site now. They are great pictures and well worth a look, here.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Heads up!
http://www.lessemf.com/fabric.html

Innnteresting fabrics.