Sunday, September 02, 2007

Quilts are getting ahead of themselves

I am finding it very hard to concentrate at the moment. I have two quilts that are trying to get attention out of order. I have to plan when I am going to work on which piece to have them ready for the shows I think they best fit, so I always have a few stacked up in my head, but two of them are rebelling. They want to be done now and I really don't have the time. It's vary hard to concentrate on anything else though. I have tried all my usual tricks to deal with these disobedient ideas. I've drawn up the designs and in one case printed up test patterns but still they won't leave me alone. I may go mad before the end of the month.

To further help I spend a very inspiring couple of hours with some friends children yesterday. I now have a new and exciting design idea I want to work on. Unfortunately this one seems to go against a lot of advice I've been given, that I tend to trust, so it will need some thought before I start on it. It is so cool though I have to find a way to make it work.

Now about that quilt for the Hever show....

No comments: