Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Wow, progress

Well I think these plans are finally coming together. We have all the blocks done, and ready to assemble for the present quilt. It just needs the block joining and I can get it onto the frame. I chose a design that didn't need borders as I wanted to use an all over design for the quilting. This quilt is having to combine two very different design specifications in one quilt, and I hope we have managed it.

I've sent of the mother of the bride skirt today. I am surprised how much I like it. It really isn't my colour or my style of fabric, but I suppose it is a design of skirt I really like. I just hope she likes it as all she has seen is a small sample of the fabric. She hasn't seen any pictures of the skirt design at all. Scary. Still it will fit perfectly with the brides outfit, and I guess that is what most mothers would really care about.

I've finally found a scrapbook to put all your supportive comment in. I've had so much support from the Internet in the last year, and I want to keep making good use of it. On days when I don't believe in myself I can look through it and see that there are a lot of other people who think I can succeed. I found a purple faux suede photo album in the sale and I love it. It matches my quilt design notebooks so I think it was meant to be. Even better it has those peel and stick pages so I don't have to worry about finding a glue that will work. It's been great reading through the comments and has helped me with preparing my talk for Saturday. It is rather daunting going and talking to a room full of people for an hour, but I have lots of support, I won't let you (or me) down.

I am working on plans to get pictures back onto my blog. I can't switch to Wordpress right now as they don't have a tool to move the new blogger blogs over yet. They also don't allow blogging by email, which is what I do from my mobile phone. The do have moblog, but my phone doesn't. What I may do is host the images elsewhere and just code the html myself. I am working on it. I will also try and get my new works put onto my main site then you will at least be able to see them there. Thanks for bearing with me while I figure it out. If I get really desperate I may accept the terms I don't like and hope Google never notice my site. After all I am sure this is a very low traffic blog and if they are going to use any ones images it is more likely to be the more popular ones right?

Finally (for now) I still haven't found my 10,000 visitor. If they haven't come back here by next Monday I will post details of the 10,001 visitor and see if I have better luck with that one. Who would have thought that giving something away would be so difficult.

3 comments:

Nellie's Needles said...

Oh, to be in the audience to hear you speak of your art and quilting! I would be thrilled. You do realize that it's easy to talk about something you love, don't you. Three Cheers!!!

Ferret said...

I am certainly hoping that is how it will work. I have an absolute terror of public pseaking. I always have. At about 8 I declared that any job that required it wasn't going to happen. I was still saying that a coupld of years ago.

Then someone asked me at a quilt meeting if I would go and talk to their group. Imagine my horror when I heard my mouth saying yes. I am quite certain I didn't give it permission to do that. Still when I say I will do something, I do it. I now have four talks booked I think so I had better make a good job of it.

Given I talk like I write, or write like I talk I am hoping this will have been good practice too, and people choose to keep reading so it can't be too bad. :)

Dormouse said...

I love the idea of saving all your positive feedback in a scrap-book to remotivate yourself on bad days. You do realise though that it is no longer a matter of if you CAN succeed... you HAVE succeeded!!!

Good luck with your talk. I hear the first 4 times are the worst! ;)
I'm sure you'll be great, your writing style is easy to read and entertaining and your subject matter is fascinating so I don't think you can go far wrong. I do think there is a big difference between the usual 'public speaking' and talking to people about a passion which they also share.

Damn blogger... I want pictures. :D