Saturday, January 27, 2007

Woo Hoo

Ooooooh I had forgotten how good showers can be. A proper power shower with as much hot water as I want. What a treat! I feel much better for that. I've made good progress on one of the projects I brought with me too. It's frustrating trying to work in such cramped conditions, and I can't use the sewing machine (if I know one neighbour snores and the other is having trouble getting to sleep the walls are too thin to sew), but I have at least done something. I think I am going to try drawing up some patterns to work from when I get home then call it a night.

It is amazing how much better doing something really creative makes me feel. I don't know how I would cope if I had to not do it at all for any length of time. It is quite weird not being able to see who is on and looking at the blog. It feels a lot more like shouting into the void. I know intelectually you are all still there but it doesn't feel like it. That is the point of a retreat I suppose :)

2 comments:

Beverly said...

Enjoy the retreat- and I hope you are successful in coming up with new directions to take your art.

The tagging business was fun, wasn't it? I think I would feel right at home at your place, I love books and reading. I've moved around enough, though, that my collection doesn't look that big.

Looking forward to hearing about this week--

Ferret said...

Yes moving with our books isn't easy but I won't part with them. I definately have a plan from what we did yesterday, but I can't quite see how to do it yet. Hopefully it will some to me during the day.