Sunday, January 07, 2007

Bridge - Day 3

Sorry for the late blog. I was working on this quilt until three this morning and then I just had to go to bed. So I didn't take any pictures. Don't worry I will get some later today.

I came very close to finishing the background. I have a narrow (maybe 6 inch) band of water and vegetation to do at the bottom of the piece. I will try and take pictures when I get that done. Then I can move on to the fun part of putting on the trees in blossom. This is going to be the only place where I significantly change the shape of the pieces I use. I want to use long wiggly bits to make the branches. I see the painter taking a thinner brush and making flowing strokes here so I will try and do that. I also think it will allow me to shade the branches more and hopefully give a better sense of form. Who knows, it is yet another new to me thing :) I like trying new techniques, but I really should learn to do them in less critical pieces.

Still the branches and blossom should be fairly quick to put on, and I worked out last night that I can actually post the entry form on Tuesday and have it arrive for Friday, so I have a little less pressure. I think that taking things a bit slower should help, given I still haven't managed to shake the cough and cold I have had since before Christmas. So back to it.

1 comment:

Marcia said...

Ferret: I love your impressionist quilt! That has always been my favorite era in painted art! You've done a masterful job translating that medium to fabric and thank you for sharing with the group! Don't stop here though; create more. Marcia