Monday, January 01, 2007

Achievements 2006

I've just finished my audit of 2006, and the first thing we noticed is that I need a Polaroid camera. I have quilts listed in my diary we don't even remember now. It's scary. I also have several ongoing projects I need to get on top of. To those of you in my mystery quilt groups, I am really sorry, expect another part in the post ASAP.

I did make 38 quilts this year. Only one was a postcard. 6 were bed quilts. I entered 26 quilts into competitions and won 6 awards from that. I visited four galleries, and went to eight quilt shows. I think for next year the best I can do is try to manage the same again, with bells on. I want to put more quilts into the Festival of Quilts at the NEC. I also plan on entering the MQS this year. I guess if nothing else this will increase my total number of quilts entered. I don't think I will beat my total for January last year, 6 quilts. That is a tough one. Unless I can count all the postcards. I want to get at least 20 made this month.

I am really pleased with my achievements for last year. I just need to keep building on it. I would like to try and get an exhibition together this year. I also want to put up some online galleries with ArtUK and a couple of other places. I need to go and visit all the local galleries and see if any will take on my work. I want to expand the number of places I teach, and maybe work on other talks. I want to start work on a book, and publishing patterns. I was using a pantograph yesterday and realized I could have designed on I would have liked a lot better, so I guess I should, and try selling it. I also want to start expanding my mailing list. I suppose the good news is I now have a mailing list, but it is very select at the moment. How do I approach people to get permission to show them my new work, courses and news? Anyone found a good way to do this. I think this will be my main area for improvement next year. I aim to have so many people on my list I have to get a printer to do my Christmas card run for me, ambitious but what the heck. I suppose I had better aim to earn enough to pay for it too.

Thanks for all the support you guys have given me in the last year. I've not been writing this blog that long, and I feel I have got back far more than I have put in. That is entirely down to all of you who read this.

2 comments:

Dormouse said...

An audit is a very cool idea. Gets your head in the right place for setting the next years goals.

It sounds like you had a damn good year. :)

So, wishing you a Happy New Year and may 2007 be the most successful, productive and happy one so far.

Kathy

Anonymous said...

You've really had a busy year.

Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your nice comment.