Monday, January 22, 2007

Tagged

Apparently there is a thing going round blogs at the moment where you get tagged and share 5 things you haven't mentioned about yourself on your blog. You then tag 5 more people. It's one of those get to know you better type things, and actually from following the trail back I found some quite interesting blogs, so it has worked for me, and I think them. Nellie tagged me at the weekend so I guess I get to share, and it is surprisingly tricky to know what you might like to know.
  1. I live in a small terraced house with two guys. I say house, but really it is now a studio. The front room is where I do most of my work, it is where I am typing this. I built a large desk into the whole of the bay window. I found that too bright, and having run out of wall space there is a row of bookshelves around the windows at the edge of my desk. The back room used to be a dining room but is now filled with a longarm sewing machine. The kitchen has mostly been taken over for dying cloth.
  2. I used to make electric guitars. I wanted to learn to play one when I was younger and my parents told me I would have to built one if I wanted one. So I did. After that I went on to design and make more. I have a wall full of guitars behind my longarm. I am better at making them than playing them, mostly because I never put enough hours into my practice.
  3. I collect Ford Capris, I love them to bits. Just as well as they are getting to the stage in their life when they fall to bits. I think I mentioned the great white having exhaust problems, but it is just one of six. My everyday baby is in need of some welding which will hopefully get done next week and I will be back driving her. Yes I love cars, but especially mine. It is a metallic blue 2 litre S, which I refer to as Kdu. I also have Atcho, my restoration project. I want to bring it back to showroom standard plus. More how Jaguar would have sent it out. This was the driving force for me to learn how to do car interiors.
  4. Many years ago I appeared on television unpacking a space craft. My research project was on LDEF, the long duration exposure facility. When the panels arrived at the university the local television station were there to film us unpacking it.
  5. I love books, I have hundreds of them. I don't think we will ever need insulation on our walls, as hey are covered with books. It shocks people who deliver things, as even the hall is full of books. People often say we should throw them away. Apparently we will never read them again. I know I have read most of them more than once and I know I will read them again, and enjoy doing it. I'll read anything, including cereal packets, squash bottles, anything. The really odd thing is I am dyslexic. Go figure. I do misread many things, but I've learned to see the humor in that, for example how do you ork a cow, it must be possible a lot of companies have coworkers. My spelling stinks, and if two words are the same kind of shape I see them as the same. I've also realised why older books are often easier to read, there is less contrast between discoloured pages and the text.
So there you go five things you didn't know about me, and probably didn't want to. Now I have to tag five more people, Digital eye, Dormouse, Penny, Beverly, and Joyce. As Nellie said on her blog when she tagged me, if this isn't your thing don't worry about it just don't do it, it won't bother me. If it is great, I look forward to hearing more about you.

5 comments:

Nellie's Needles said...

Thank you for responding to the "tag". I find it interesting to know a bit about the person behind the art. However, I don't usually share personal infomation myself. So, I think this "tag meme" is a good thing. I look forward to following up those you have tagged.

Ferret said...

It has been interesting already. I wonder if they will reply?

Beverly said...

Well, I'll have to give this one some thought!! But, I will respond to your tag-

Thanks for answering my questions about new Blogger. I have the same aversion to BG and MS- but I just don't know if I have the time, stomach, or expertise to learn another setup, even though WordPress looks good. So I will probably just bite the bullet and switch, maybe down the road look at doing what you are planning.

Ferret said...

Beverly, I would suggest waiting as long as you can. If nothing else it will give blogger time to work on the issues. Also there will be systems for moving your blog to wordpress but it isn't ready for new blogger yet.

Once there is the tool I am sure that moving to wordpress will be very easy. Mine is more trickky because I am going to take everything onto my sever, it is extreem but I have enough traffic that I think it is worth getting a safe permanant home for my blog.

Dormouse said...

I'm finding it rather tragic at how difficult I'm finding it. Surely I can't get to 41 and not have 5 interesting things to tell people.

Loved the guitar making fact. My brother did exactly the same thing. He got pretty damn good at making them but his playing is not so good despite hours of practicing, it just doesn't come naturally to him. He too has a wall full of them.