Monday, January 08, 2007

Bridge - Day 4






Yay, it is off the frame and all trimmed up. It is quite large and loud in our house but in the pictures I am quite pleased. I suspect that in a show it will hold it's own without being too over powering.

I've included some pictures of the back. It is very hard to photograph, but it looks great. I know you aren't supposed to have the little dots of the front colour on the back, but don't they add something to the design when seen from the back? I think so and I like it. If I didn't I would worry more about loud backs to hide them I don't think it is possible to avoid them completely when there is such high contrast between the front and back. I think you can tell where on the back each of the pictures is.

I think I am going to put on a black binding with a pink piping. I figure that if the quilt is hung against a black background it will stand out well and the binding will blend in. Against white, I think the quilt will tend to blend in, the black binding should help it out. Well that is my theory anyway, I guess I just have to get on and do it.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the blossom. It's pure joy.
Sally

Roberta Ranney said...

Hi Ferret - what a beautiful work. The way you added the square blossoms brought it to life. And they're not very pink. Your quilting adds some great dimension and movement. Just a wow quilt!

Roberta

Anonymous said...

Wow, that bridge reminds me of one leading to a small island in Hanoi. Red bridges are the best :)

The blossom looks really good. I love all your techniques. It looks quite a tactile piece. Nice.

Nat

Anonymous said...

Nellie Durand comments,

....and you did it only with squares. You make me want to play
instead of finishing quilts that have a looming deadline. What FUN!

Ferret said...

Deadlines, play first catch up later :) It works for me!

OK maybe not such a good plan but just sometimes playing is the most important thing to do.

Anonymous said...

Blogger might let me comment today.....

love the backs, it is nice to see the quilting with no disctractions.

the whole piece is lovely. Good luck with it wherever it goes