Friday, January 26, 2007

New fun project

I've just made my first stitched scarf. You lay the yarns for the scarf on water soluble stabilizer and then put another sheet of the wash away stabilizer on top and quilt it. When you wash it you have a lacy scarf. It's really fun. I made mine on the long arm but I am sure you could do it just as easily on the domestic machine. I enjoyed it so much I am already preparing my second one. The first I will lend to Patchwork Corner as a sample, the second one is for me.

I found some amazing yarn at Rainbow Silks in Great Missenden, but I am finding it very hard to use. It is in skeins and I need to wind it off. The first one was fine for about three quarters of it then knotted up horribly. The second has knotted almost at once. It is going to take quite a while to untangle :( I was hoping to have it finished before the course starts tomorrow, but I don't think I will manage it.

Either way it is a lot quicker than knitting and I think I will be making quite a few more. I love it.

3 comments:

Maureen said...

Do we get to see some pics please!

Anonymous said...

I've done this with silk fibers and yarns combined, but never with just yarns. I'd love to see it!

Anonymous said...

Any chance of a pic, please?