Thursday, April 12, 2012

Cushion cover done

I've got another of my projects finished, the long stitch cushion cover. While I struggle a lot with most hand work long stitch on a large hole canvas works fine, well provided I don't do too much. This has been a year in progress as my travel sewing. I have been looking forward to having it done, I need a cushion when I use my sewezi table in the van. Now I can have one.

The turning twenty has progressed again today, I have 3/4 of the sub blocks made. I should get the blocks finished tomorrow and maybe start putting them together. I foolishly forgot to take any pictures of the class today. We were working on free motion quilting today and I think it went well. I asked one of todays students to leave her sample to show the class tomorrow and I will try and get a picture of it then.

After my early start I am really flagging. It didn't seem too bad getting up early, probably becuase I had gone to bed early and watched a film. Now though I am paying for it. At least I have a later start tomorrow as my camp site is very close to the venue.

2 comments:

Liz said...

Lovely cushion. I think I saw some rag rugging in your van in an earlier picture, a lady of many crafts.

Ferret said...

It's actually a hooked rug but a very shaggy one. I love having a few options while I am in the van as I may be stopped for just a few minutes and not have much room to work. All of these are brainless projects that I can use to relax.