Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Malvern - computers can do a great job

You may be aware I have some computer issues. I tend to feel that computer patterns are unsympathetic to hand made quilts. No matter how good the piecer is, the straight lines aren't. Fabric is a very badly behaved material, it wriggles. Unfortunately computers do straight lines and it can really show up the less than straight piecing.

This quilt caught my eye at the show. It's a lovely small quilt, but really it was the quilting that struck me. The quilting just works so well on this piece. I love that it really plays to the strengths of the computerised system. The circles in the quilt would be a pain to do hand, and franky circles do look much better perfect. I would not have attempted this design, I know it would have been very difficult for me to do and I could not have got it looking this good.

This quilt was made by Sue Watters and quilted by Rosemary Archer of Frome Valley Quilting. Thank you to Rosemary for giving me permission to show off her lovely work.

3 comments:

Sue said...

Ferret, Thanks for picking out my quilt, Rosemary at Frome Valley quilting always does a great job for me. I always just leave it up to her as she know best.
I thought your quilts were amazing - I was standing right by you at collection time on Sunday.
Congratulation on you wins.
My blog is http//:isewquiltsuk.blogspot.com

Ferret said...

Hi Sue, how cool to be able to put a face to the quilt. I will admit to being a sucker for hunters star quilts. Glad you spotted it here. It's a small world really isn't it.

Sanket said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.