Friday, June 13, 2008

Summer nationals

So I've made it to my first race meeting of the season. I'd got out of the habit having been very busy with work and not keen of sitting at a drag strip in the rain, but it's great to be back. Being able to pick up the pit pass and tickets without hassle was lovely, and getting to catch up with people I haven't seen for months was great.

I am now sitting in our pit while the car goes through scrutineering. Aparently they are being more strict than usual, and I know I don't deal well with authority so the most useful thing I can do is keep out of it. It's a shame I was quite looking forward to seeing what goes on, but it's more important that the car gets through. Our main concerns are all wheel related. Whether there is enough stud length coming out of the hubs and whether our wheel nuts are 'right'. Both have been fine so far, but others have been turned back, so we are worried. Watch this space for the result.

No comments: