Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Slow Progress

I've finally started quilting the last of my four entries for the NEC this year. It's been planned and even marked up for some time, but it just hadn't seemed like the right time to start.Now is. I would show you a picture but after several hours work there really isn't much to see. It's a little depressing to tell the truth, but I am sure it will get there eventually. Right now I need a break. I've discovered I can buy MP3 books from Blackstone Audio. They are great, a whole book on one CD! On the down side I used to mark an hours quilting by having to change the CD, and every hour I took a break of some sort. No break in the book, no break in the quilting. I think I am going to have to set an alarm or something because I need those breaks. On the other hand I am really enjoying hearing some of my all time favourite stories. Last week I was listening to Spider Robinson, and this week it is Robert Heinlein. Having had a break I guess I can do a little more quilting while I wait to find out where in London Tet is going to be stranded when the tubes stop.

No comments: