Thursday, August 23, 2007

Weeeee

On the surface I haven't been terribly productive today. I've been in and out like a yo yo all day but I think I am finally making progress and I feel ready to get back to sewing. I've been trying to tidy my sewing room which is where I blog, piece, cut, press and design. It was originally the front room of our terraced house and my desk is in the bay window. Well in fact it fills the bay using the window sill as part of it's support system. As I do a lot of different things in here and basically live out of this room it tends to get a little out of control. In particular I had developed an interesting mound next to my desk that was starting to look dangerous.

The mound has been excavated and produced some interesting archeology. It has been replaced with a cutting table with storage below. Sadly the drawers are primary colours and very bright but at least they are under a board so it isn't too bad. Given I didn't have a lot of choice in my budget I guess I can't complain. To reflect light onto the cutting table I have propped my white board behind it. I think I will help once I change the blown light bulb. I am sure the bulbs can detect where I am working as they always seem to blow just when I start doing something in their area.

I have a bit more I need to do before I get down to serious sewing. I have a whole load of quilts I need to put back into storage, and I want to find a way to hang my nude again, I don't think she will like being rolled long term, and then I can get on with some sewing. From past experience I work better if I wait a little after I decide I am ready to get back to it, and of course the tidying really does need doing.

2 comments:

Featheronawire Sally Bramald said...

Must be something in the air. Yesterday I dealt with various piles of 'stuff' in the kitchen and then went on to deal with the piles of paper, one from the hall table, one from the coffee table, another from by the kitchen radio, another from the footstool, you get the picture. I whittled it down to one pile of DD's uni stuff, one for the shredder, one for my book case and another for Voldemort's desk. And two big bags of paper for the recycling bin.
It feels good.

Ferret said...

it is surprisingly thereputic when you are in the mood. Unfortunately I am not often in the mood :)