Thursday, November 15, 2007

Why?

Why is it that tidying up always makes more mess? I know it does but it never fails to surprise me how much mess. I guess not having the longarm to play with has made me more aware of the mess in my other studio (sounds better than sewing room doesn't it). I haven't been bothered by it while I have been quilting, but now, forced to work on other projects I need to make space. I do love having a clear work table but it never lasts. When a deadline looms tidying up tends to become a pretty low on my to do list. It is quite amazing how much paper I seem to accumulate. Some of it is kinda interesting and I am glad to have rediscovered it, but really most of it can go. I didn't think I got this much post, but I suppose when it comes in a sheet or two at a time you don't really notice do you.

One thing I really enjoy about clearing my desk is being reminded of possible projects. Each time I clear I try to rearrange the things that inspire me so I see them in a different way. I often take this opportunity to re-asses which are the most urgent.

I haven't managed to finish the tidy up, I had to do some quilting. I have most of my flower done fro the fractured quilt challenge, but I can't show you it until after they are posted by the coordinator. Sorry.

4 comments:

Featheronawire Sally Bramald said...

Welcome to my world!
Only a couple of weeks ago I had 'the perfect sewing room'. Where has it gone?

Suzanne Earley said...

I always seem to get part way into a clean up, uncover something interesting, abandon the clean up, and have a bigger mess than I started with....

Nellie's Needles said...

plus, the stuff that got dragged out doesn't go back to where it came from as easily or neatly ... even if some or a lot of it was used. I cleaned up my studio last week and have ended up with neatly stacked piles and no place to put them. At least I can walk through the room and work on the table.

Ferret said...

Thanks, it's good to know I am not alone in this problem.