Sunday, November 18, 2007

New member of the family

You may remember some I told you of the demise of KDU, my Ford Capri. I've been looking for a replacement ever since. We quickly discovered that they are now a lot more rare and expensive than the last time we bought one. On the other hand the good ones are better than any I have seen before, but somehow they weren't quite right for me. Last Sunday we went and saw another one. It was nice, very tidy, a few little niggles but very plain. It didn't grab me. So much so I didn't test drive it, I just listened to the back end, which is fine. Then we had a very long discussion about whether we should buy it. I knew it made sense, it's a great car for the money, but I wasn't enthusiastic, I wanted to go and see another one. Oddly Tet decided to make an offer and after a little haggling they reached and agreement. OK so I had a new car, but still it wasn't lighting my fire, still I drove it to pick up the deposit. Wow! What a difference a test drive makes, she is a doll of a car. Having picked her up on Wednesday I have already done about 250 miles and I love her. She is a 2.8 V6, silver blue and very shiny. I walk up to her in car parks and am surprised that such a shiny car might be mine. The only thing is I have no idea what her name is. I hope she tells me soon. Pictures will follow soon, but I will need to give her a wash first.

No comments: