Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Woot, good post.



I got my letter from IQA Celebrate Spring today. OK that might not sound very thrilling but it had my finalists ribbon in it. and to me that is very exciting. I love the idea of giving every quilt in the show a token to celebrate it. I am trying to encourage UK shows to do the same. I am sure it doesn't cost that much and it does make me feel valued. The idea behind the Finalist ribbon is that you can attach it to your name badge at the show, so everyone knows you have a quilt in the show. Again, I think this is a lovely idea. Just think you would know if the person criticizing the quilts has actually made the effort them selves :) On a more positive note you can spot the artists and talk to them, but I have to say I would love to know how many of the people who are harshest about quilts make and display their own.

I thought this was a good time to get out the labels I got back from Road to California and photograph them. Again a lovely idea. They are cloth labels to add to the quilt. Yes I will be putting them on. I can imagine collecting a whole set of these on a well traveled quilt. It would be fantastic to have a permanent record of where the quilt has been. It is even nicer for anyone who buys the quilt, they have the proof of what the quilt did before it came to live with them.

By the way if anyone has lost a cold I seem to have found it. I am quite happy to return it to it's rightful owner. I don't think I really need it right now.

2 comments:

Ferret said...

The UK shows do provide Judges notes. At the Festival of Quilts You get a sheet back with your quilt, with the Grosvenor shows you need to to send them a stamped self addressed envelope with a list of the sheets you want on the back of it.

I don't know about the others but these are the main ones. They can make very interesting reading :0

Dormouse said...

I think the ribbon is a great idea. I've often wondered who at quilt shows is exhibiting something.

The Road to California label is really nice and I love the idea of being able to see where a quilt has travelled.