Saturday, February 03, 2007

scarves and rust





I am sitting here on hold, so I thought I migh as well show you guys what I have been up to. I've just realised I should have taken a picture of the Road 2 Ca labels, but I didn't. Maybe later.

Still here is the second longarm scarf. This one is mine, it is very thick and warm. It is made from just 2 hanks of yarn, but each one is made up of many different types of yarn. It is very cool. I think it would be a nightmare to knit with so it is just as well I have another way to make it into a scarf. As you can see the tassles on the end are quite uneaven. I haven't decided yet whether to leave them like this or trim them. I figure there is no hurry to decide. I can cut them anytime.

You may remember that I broke the esxhast manifold a while ago. Well it didn't go to waste, I wrapped it in fabric and stuck it outside. I have been keeping an eye on it and today it struck me as done. So I brought it in and gave it a rinse. I think it looks really good. I seem to ahve an explosion, and some faces. There are parts that look like somke and some that remind me of aged paper. I think I might be able to use some of it for a map project I have been thinking about. I have re-wrapped the bits of manifold and added some other items, so in about a month I will hopefully have some rust dyed fabric available for sale. I'll be sure to post pictures here first.

No comments: