Sunday, February 11, 2007

Published Author

I've done it, I am really published., OK it's only a magazine, and it isn't a terribly long pattern but I am excited. I am a subscriber so I got my copy yesterday but it will be on sale in the shops about Wednesday. For those of you I have promised copies to that is when I will get them and send them out. Given I had been told it had been changed I am surprised by how close to my original it is. In fact I would have to get the original out and compare it to be sure what had changed. So if you get Popular Patchwork Issue 2 2007 keep an eye open for Under the Rainbow.

I tried to wash Ginko Typography this morning. It is a big quilt with 2 waddings in, but I thought it might fit my machine. Remember that in the UK most machines are front loaders and don't have massive capacity. Well I was nearly right. It is about two square feet bigger than my machine. I guess I will be finding a laundrette. I've never used one so it will be a new experience for me. Hopefully not too scary. I have no idea how long it will take or how much it will cost, but I can't see an alternative. wish me luck.

4 comments:

Penny said...

Congratulations! I'll look out for the magazine.

Laundrettes aren't too bad - or weren't last time I was in one. Just make sure you take something to do with you. I think the machines tend to be faster then a domestic machine. They also have telephones :-), so you could ring them up and ask about costs etc.

Anonymous said...

Laundrettes? Take a pocket full of change, (including some pound coins), and a book or other amusement. Penny's right, the machines are faster, so don't settle in expecting to be there for 2 hours. And a wheeled suitcase (if you have one) is an easier way of transporting wet laundry than the traditional arm-amputating canvas bag.

Beverly said...

Congratulations on the article! I hope you can post a picture, since I don't think I'm likely to find a UK quilting magazine in Utah- bummer.

Ferret said...

Beverly, if you send me your mailing address via the contact me form I will send you a copy. I am not allowed to scan it and display it as it might loose them sales