Thursday, February 15, 2007

Secret two





OK this one was less secret, but I still couldn't show you until the owners had seen it. I have quilted this for Amwell quilters who will be raffling it. The funds it raises will go to two charities, Womens Aid Broxbourne and FutureHope. FutureHope is a bus that provides activities for youths in Hertfordshire. They are both very good causes, who I suspect find it hard to compete with all the big national charities.

The quilt is a single size, 68"x86" and is a scrappy bow tie design. It has some fantastic fabrics in it, that change in different lights. It's a really fun quilt. I tried to keep the quilting simple and in keeping with the quilt. Sorry the pictures aren't great I left the room lights on and they give a very yellow tint to the pictures.
The raffle will be draw at their Patchwork and Quilting Exhibition in May. It is being held at The Drill Hall , Amwell End, Ware, Saturday 12th and Sunday 14th of May. If you would like to buy raffle tickets phone, (01992) 892590. If you are outside of the UK but would like tickets let me know and I will organize it for you. I have a paypal account and can thus buy tickets on your behalf. I should mention that the quilt will be bound and finished before it is raffled, hopefully I will be able to get a picture of it finished to show you all.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a cheerful and happy quilt! I hope it raises loads of money for the charities!

Ferret said...

Thanks, I do hope so. I guess we will have to wait until May to find out.

Dormouse said...

SNAP!!! :) Only mine are supposed to be dumbells rather than bow-ties.

I think I like yours better. The smaller ones really give it depth.

Ferret said...

I can't take credit for the top, just the quilting, but I do agree that the two sizes does add something to the design.