Saturday, June 24, 2006

How to get everything done on time...



not. I have 2 quilts I have to finish by Tuesday so obviously my brain doesn't want to play ball and I end up taking half the day off. Hmmm. Not really what I was looking for. This morning I was pretty productive and the second of the three nude is finished. I convinced myself that a pipe cutter was an essential quilting tool, bought one and used it, so the hanging rods are now the right length and together. I realised that by putting on two sleeves and a label I was covering up the back of the quilting which is a shame I really like the look of it. I have tried to take some photos but being black on black they haven't come out too well. I've also put in a close up of the front of one of them that shows some of the quilting at least. This is very similar to what I tried to do on Miss Baltimore.

So I suppose that brings me to what distracted me. The picture is a clue :) For some reason this quilt just had to get out NOW. You know how some ideas are, they just refuse to wait their turn. I think the top is finished but I might change my mind when I have time to quilt it. Hopefully I can now get back to what I was supposed to be doing and finish these nudes tonight.

2 comments:

Nellie's Needles said...

What scale is the circle one? Sometimes making a piece like that one serves to keep our sanity when there are big complex ones that absolutely have to be done. It's like taking a breath of fresh air ... and that one makes me smile.

Ferret said...

the finished circle is about 17" accross. The largest inner circle is about 6"