Saturday, October 15, 2011

What's wrong with this picture?

This was what I was doing Thursday. I was supposed to be at Emerson Green Quilters, instead I was getting a piggy back home. At least the driver stopped at the first services we came to so I could use the facilities and get a picture of the van on the back of an RAC lorry. It took about 6 hours to get me recovered. I had wondered if it could be done quickly enough to get me into another vehicle and still make the talk but it turned out I was right to cancel early as accidents held up the recovery vehicle. It looks like the van has lost one or more oil seals so it is in need of some TLC.

Today I am at Threads and Patches in Bletchley. A much less eventful journey this morning so I am early. Still gave me time to blog, right?

5 comments:

MulticoloredPieces said...

Well, as they say, it's not a good story to tell if there's not a dragon. Or some kind of mishap. Ahhh, if only life would run smoothly! Enjoyed reading about your travels and teaching.
best, nadia

Susan Briscoe said...

Oh no,not an image of your van I wanted to see! Hope it will be well and running again soon.

JEANNE CLEMENTS said...

A sad sight Ferret.....on a happier note I have just sewed on the last leaf on my little quilt I started at your Penrith workshop....I learnt so much that day....thank you

Featheronawire Sally Bramald said...

I hope it gets better soon. RAC are never quick when a flat bed is needed but at least it is dealt with.

Ferret said...

We are waiting on the pil seal, should be here Tuesday. The RAC actually were pretty quick but my transporter got held up by an accident. At least I had got off the motorway so I could wait in the van in relative comfort.

Jeanne - please send me a picture :) Glad you've finished it and that you feel you learned enough :)