Friday, October 07, 2011

Motorways and rainbows

Today I am mostly driving with a few visits to motorway service stations. It's where all the most fashionable quilters spend most of their time. Ok maybe just the busiest quilt tutors and traders, but it's a large part of my job. I would have to say I am not a fan of the M6. The congestion is horrible. Possibly even as bad as the M25 which is saying something. The rainbows have been great. It's been sunshine and rain all the way so far. Of course I can't photograph most of them as I am driving, but this one was at Stafford services. The sculptures are here too. I don't know if you can see but the stones all have faces on. These services aren't bad, the loos are actually very good but the coffee making skills at Costa here leave a lot to be desired so I will move on in search of coffee. Well that and I've still got a long way to go. I left hone 11.30 ish and I am just over halfway to tomorrows booking. With Manchester and rush hour ahead I think dinner will be fairly late tonight.

2 comments:

Margery said...

If you ever have to go up the M6 past the Lake District, it's worth visiting Tebay services, just north of J38. It's actually a lovely place. http://www.visitcumbria.com/pen/tebay-services.htm
NAYY, I just like Tebay a lot.

Susan Briscoe said...

Depending on which route you took, we may have crossed over, as I'm down near Reading tonight - on the M6 for about twenty minutes only though around 2p.m., then onto the M5 and the M42/M40... Stopped at Telford Services (tourist point - Naysmith's Steam Hammer) and Frankley Services (tourist point - their free wifi is free, unlike the 'free' one at Telford which seems to want you to be a BT Openzone customer). Heigh ho, life on the road is fun! Glyn is going to let me use the landy for shows once it is rebuilt as a bijou camper, so there will be another van out there. :-) Have a good expedition!