Sunday, September 19, 2010

Why am I tired?

I've made it home safely, I think all the well wishing helped, I was sooo tired on the way back. I think the 50 limit really makes the motorway too boring to be safe. The last few days have been a lot of fun, but also a lot of work. I am so grateful for all the hospitality I've been given, it makes these bulk teaching/talking sessions possible. It does always shock me how much more tiring larger classes are. Both the classes this week have been great, very friendly and keen to help each other, lots of laughs, but still I'm tired. It doesn't seem fair somehow.

Yes I really did stay in the van both nights I was away. It works well for me. Firstly I don't fret about my quilts all night. If I wake up I can see them (and no I don't fancy unloading it every night), but also if gives me a little down time. Yesterday evening I sat and worked on a new design which will be a mystery quilt while watching a squirrel. It was really nice. Then while I blogged I watched a DVD a rare luxury these days. As to getting cold in the van, I'm a quilter, guess how I stay warm :) Yup there are several quilts on the bed and I am snug as a bug. It was very nice to be on a site with a heated bathroom and lots of hot water for washing  up, yup that is enough to be an exciting luxury :) I am very touched by everyones concern but I thought I would try and assure you everything was fine and I really am quite happy in my van.

I hope the Bernina I upset today has recovered now I am a reasonable distance (at least 70 miles) away. It's been a while since one a had a fit like that. I hope I will be able to share some pictures from both classes soon but right now I think I will veg out again.

Oh no on more thing, I spotted on Amazon this week  that my book was number 11 in the best selling quiling and patchwork books. It really has been a great week. On that note, night night.

4 comments:

Susan Briscoe said...

yay - you gotta shout about Amazon !

I know what you mean about larger classes. I have recently changed my workshop fee structure to acknowledge that it is harder work to teach larger groups - also because I needed to change prices to keep up with inflation etc., but wanted to keep them as low as I could for smaller groups with less funds.

Liz said...

Thankyou for your concern, my machine is fine now it is home but it will be having a trip to be serviced next week just to eradicate all traces of ferretness.
Really enjoyed the weekend, hope you recover some energy soon. Liz X

Ferret said...

Susan - that is why I set my prices the way I did. I have to admit when I first did it I thought I might have got the balance wrong, but no. Big classes really do tak it out of you don't they.

Liz - glad it's recovered. It may just have been after a service. It looks like you use it quite a lot so it could probably do with a service every 6 months. I was told the amount of work I do I would be looking at every 2 or 3 months! Ouch. I saw on your blog you had a feathered star you didn't know what to do with. It would make a great start to a medalion quilt. You could even make ip up quilt as you go and add alternating pieced and plain borders, thus continuing the not plain borders mission.

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Hi Ferret,

Glad to hear you made it home safely. Once again I'm really glad our paths crosses. It was great to talk to someone who shared the same methodology to quilting and self scan check-outs :o)

I'll send you an email with the group pictures from the end of the day once they are off the camera.

All the best...from the Crazy Canadian ;o)