Saturday, June 02, 2007

Still Clueless

Well the tracking has updated again, at 02:30am it was in the Wilmington depot, now remember yesterday afternoon it was on an internal flight, about to be delivered. Then 06.04 they were departing the East Midlands Depot. Now I have been told it is a 9 hour flight between here and Wilmington, so it can't have got back in that time. Maybe my package is now in three places? Of course it being the weekend there is nothing I can do. It will be Monday before I can try and track these down.

2 comments:

Dormouse said...

OMG what a nightmare. I've got all my fingers and toes crossed that they make it safely back to you.

I worked in the post room of a large company a few years back and I never had anything but hassle and bad service the few times we had to get packages delivered abroad by couriers. I wish I could tell you differently. :(

It was fun seeing you on the video. I thought you looked pretty cool and together despite the camera being pointed at you. Decandence came over very well on the video.

Interestingly you look very familiar. Did you go with your quilts to Sanddown last year??? I'm sure I've chatted to you somewhere. I had a crew-cut back then so, if we did, it's possible you would remember. :)

Ferret said...

I did hand deliver and colect at Sandown, in fact I always do I take my tricky pieces there because I don't have to post them. I did talk to a lot of people there is it is quite likely. Does sthis suggest I might meet you there again this year?

I've got serveral quilts there so I will be collecting on the Sunday again.

I've just gone and talked to Mail Box Etc, and they offer a service with Fedex. The interesting thing is Fedex guarentee thier service, they deliver it next day or your money back. DHL charge you whatever happens. So I think I might give them a try next time. The cost is pretty much identical either way. I would love to know how other UK quilters deal with shipping quilts internationally.