Saturday, June 23, 2007

Enlightened

Today has been a day to learn things. I finally got a chance to talk to some of the traders at the show and ask lots of probably dumb questions. I've been trying to convince myself I didn't want to self publish the books I am working on, and I will finally admit defeat. Being who I am with my issues of working for others and having control of my work it is the solution that should fit me best. It will be a lot more work, I will be doing the work of the whole publishing team with the aid of Tet, and I then need to do the work of the marketing team as well. It's a tall order and a little daunting but I think it is how it has to be. Of course it means I get to gamble my own money on my own idea which is downright scary, but I think if I was prepared for someone else to take the gamble I aught to be prepared to do it myself.

I've been thrilled with the response to my patterns. I need to get some more prepared tonight ready for tomorrow. I will be making them available online early next week. The hard work and late nights is so worthwhile went you watch people choosing fabric to make your design. I hope I get to see some of the finished quilts. I am now fretting that there might have been errors that escaped the testing and proof reading. I guess there is nothing I can do about it now though so I will just have to see if I get irate phone calls, and deal with it if it happens.


The show was a lot more lively today. I don't know if there were more people, or if there were just more excited people, either way it was fun. Where yesterday I was seeing a lot of people I had met before, today I made a lot of new friends, and it was great. I got to give some very short lessons in machine quilting and people who had said they couldn't do it left with samples proving they could. I really like proving people wrong on that point. I hope they do go home and play some more. I am sure they can produce some great work with a little practice.

Anyway I should shut up and go and draw up some designs. I'll take a camera tomorrow and try to get some pictures.

No comments: