Thursday, June 04, 2009

Voting day

If you live in the UK don't forget to vote. It is your chance to have your say. OK it may not change anything, but it's the only chance you get to make your feelings knows. I was going to write about our lack of anonymous voting, but I think Thargol did it better than I can so you might like to read his post. It does worry me that who you vote for is recorded. I can see how tempting it might be for certain people to find out who voted for certain parties. I try to reassure myself that they are too lazy to actually check the records. Not much consolation, but it's what we have. "I love my country, but I'm scared to death of its government." -- Blackie Lawless

1 comment:

Di said...

I couldn't agree more. My attitude is, if you don't vote, you can't complain. Our country is in a dire state and only we can change anything and casting your vote is the first step.