Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Laundrette time

It's time for my irregular reminder to think about how you will wash your quilt before you make a monster. It really is worth the time to see if the three parts fit before you quilt them together. Most king size quilts will fit in a domestic washing machine but you may need a thinner wadding. The one that currently has me at the laundrette had two quite thick cotton waddings in it. It is a lovely warm winter quilt but a bit of a pain to wash.

In fairness my closest laundrette has been upgraded since I was last here. New high capacity high speed machines mean it takes 30 minutes to wash the monster quilt and all the other bedding. I think the machine would have taken two of those quilts in one go if I had two. As ever I've met a nice and intersting person here too, so I can't really complain. Still if you don't want to be doing this, check before you quilt.

No comments: