Monday, January 05, 2009

&*&$%#$#$# technology

I have had it with trying to communicate with people who aren't in the same room as me. I've known that my ISP has been a bit casual about email the last couple of weeks. It's a problem we are working on resolving. I didn't know know until tonight that it has been going on at least 3 months, and my email in both directions has been distinctly erratic. It would be a lot easier if it was all failing, because that is obvious, but when half arrives you assume it all has. Assume and you make and ass out of you and me, I know. So if you have emailed me and I haven't replied, either I have and it hasn't got back to you, or I haven't got your email. I will be sorting out a temporary email address and if you are feeling ignored (I am so sorry) please email that address and I will get back to you.

Having partly broken email is pretty bad, but I've found out today that Royal Mail have been letting me down too. I've been trying to do more by post as I thought it would be more reliable, ha ha ha. Post I sent in November is missing presumed gone. I am sure I have been putting it in post boxes not rubbish bins. Red with a slot and collection times is a post box still isn't it? So if you are expecting a letter from me and you aren't Judy (I have yours here) please let me know. If nothing else comments on here do get to me.

It seems the general rule is, if you haven't actually spoken to me either in person or on the phone assume I have no idea you've been trying too. Oh and if my number comes up as unknown please try again. BT don't seem to like me much either.

Frustrated, me? Yes! Anyone want to spend their time visiting everyone I need to communicate with? Poor pay but varied locations :)

PS. I had a lovely day playing with a friends longarm. I really have got stronger, I can now quilt one handed on other machines than mine. It may not sound like a big deal but I am thrilled. We each found some new patterns to do and I think she has actually managed to teach me how to do stars. I've had a real mental block with them but fingers crossed I have a way to do them now.

No comments: