Saturday, February 12, 2011

Leominster

Another early morning and off to Leominster. I've been to the Malvern quilt show several times but never explored the area. I've missed out. The area is lovely especialy in the early morning. I really should have stopped and taken some pictures, but I was enjoying the drive and before I knew it I was at the hall. It turns out I was also in the area where a lot of my friends from the show scene live. It's always fun to catch up with people I generally see once or twice a year. Oddly this group had booked the same workshop as Vectis quilters on the Isle of Wight. It was strange to be teaching the same class two days running. It was interesting how differently the two groups approached the class. The finished designs always vary a huge amount, but now I think there may be a regional variation too.

After a busy morning lunch appeared as if by magic. Another group member brought homemade soup, bread and cheese. I'm not sure what sort of soup it was other than very very good. That was followed by chocolate brownie. Oh and there were homemade biscuits for the coffe breaks too. Desoite the best efforts of the catering to distract everyone a lot of work got done too. The pictures are from the afternoon tea break. It wasn't planned but the group had good radar for a boiling kettle. I promise there was a full class and they all left with well progressed quilt tops. I hope they might share some pictures when they finish them.

After the workshop I went in search of my campsite. It's funny but an hours drive in unfamiliar teritory seems a lot longer than the same time journey that you know. i guess it must be a matter of concentration or something. Still with the great views and good weather (sorry IOW) it was lovely. Unfortunately the same couldn't be said of the site. It's the most I've ever paid for 30 minutes parking. On the other hand I am now on a wonderful site. My only problem is I can't believe the whole of this pitch is mine. It's even cheaper than the one I had booked. I feel welcomed and safe. Dinner was good, although I need more practice with the oven and I can now relax with a drink some sewing and a dvd or two. Fantastic. Tomorrow Ironbridge. From talking to todays students I don't think I will have time to get the Quiltfest as well. If you are going have a great time.

3 comments:

Susan Briscoe said...

Hi Ferret,

If you're going to do one thing, do Quiltfest. Ironbridge will always be there for another trip - you're not likely to be within range for Quiltfest on its trading day again. Val has an announcement to make tomrrow...

Ferret said...

Sounds interesting. I guess I had better look up the details.

Susan Briscoe said...

Have sent a FB message!