Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Oh Wow!

I've just had it confirmed that 'Herd Mentality' won the viewers choice award at the Houston Festival. I am so thrilled, thank you very much to every one who voted for me. It's an award that means a lot to me as this is the opinion of quilters, with no agenda and who mostly have no idea who I am. I feel pretty happy that this was won by the quilt on it's own, and to me that is the best sort of award I could ever hope for. I am celebrating with a new heat pack for me neck. It's from John Lewis and is so good it works without me actually heating it :) I promise I will stop grinning at some point, honest. If you would like to see a picture of the quilt with it's ribbon take a look here. I haven't got hold of the owner of the picture yet so I can't put it on my blog. If I do get permission I will later. Thanks again to all those who voted for it.

19 comments:

Penny said...

Oh Wow! Congratulations!

Stephens said...

Well done, Ferret! Congratulations!

Diana Napier said...

Congratulations! That is a big deal.

Fran said...

Fantastic! Well done.

Geta Grama said...

Congratulations Ferret ! It is a precious award !

Tracey said...

Congratulations! Great achievement!

Guzzisue said...

well done!

Sewing Granny said...

Loved that quilt when I saw it at FoQ this summer - congrats on this very special award - the peoples choice!! YEH!!

Elma in Lochwinnoch said...

Another Congrats
Well done a UK quilter!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful piece. You deserved the award.

teri

Anonymous said...

Hi blog neighboor. I saw your quilt in Houston............it was really fun to see it in person...........congratulations on your ribbon. I was lucky to also get a ribbon in Houston this year with Oregon Shores in the Group Category, we got a third place.

jenny said...

Welldone.

CONGRATULATIONS FROM ALL YOUR FANS IN DOWNLAND QUILTERS, BRIGHTON.

Anonymous said...

So pleased for you. very well done. Brenda in the Boro

Jenny Bowker said...

Brilliant Ferret - so well done.

Cy Dethan said...

That is fantastic news! Congratulations.

Anonymous said...

Yay!

Two great examples of America voting the right way in a week!

Congratulations.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Farret! I love that piece, and the award is well deserved! Woohoo!

Sewing Granny said...

I have jst had my Popular Patchwork magazine and 'Herd Mentality' is one of the featured quilts in it this month - congratulations on a double whammie Ferret.

Jeanne Turner McBrayer said...

I was really pleased when I saw Herd Mentality on the list of winners. Congratulations on this wonderful award!