Thursday, November 20, 2008

Herd home safe and sound

I got a very exciting package this morning long and skinny. I guess being excited by your own quilt is a little odd, but I was guessing it would have it's ribbon with it. As you can see it did. Very well wrapped too, my cats are thrilled with the bit pf tissue it was wrapped in. Yesterday evening I came home to find their cheque had arrived as well, so all present and correct. I was a little disapointed that there weren't more picutres in the show guide, but I am so thrilled they sent me one with my quilt.

The judges comments were also in with it, and they pretty much agree with each other which is unusual. One even complemented me on my binding. Maybe not thrilling to anyone else but having and the reverse comment for the other quilts I have sent to America I was very pleased with that. All commented that they would have liked to cows rro be clearer and more distinct, which is fair comment, but I like them as they are. I see coments about colour coming up again for me :)

For the next week they will be hanging at Patchwork Corner if you are near Hemel Hempstead and would like to see them. It's the only wall I have access to that they fit on.

6 comments:

Cy Dethan said...

Glad to hear the quilt got back safely.

I had a couple of quips about the cows coming home, but I think we can take them as read...

Cheers,

Cy.

Penny said...

Yes, its well worth seeing in real life - very effecive. You must be glad its back.

Mai-Britt Axelsen said...

At the FOQ I really thought this was a wining quilt, and it was! Congratulations yet again.

Please sit back and realise just how well you have done these past few years........... You must have worked so hard. I haven't made half the body of work you have.

hippopip said...

What a stunning quilt a well deserved award, well done

Karen said...

What a wonderful quilt. Congratulations!

Cathie said...

Oh WOW this is stunning. How cool. Did I see this by any chance at the Mid Atlantic Quilt Festival? It really looks familiar?
It is awesome Ferret!