Monday, April 30, 2007

I tried to be Productive

I really did. In some things I was successful. I have managed to get orders ready and paperwork done. I had hoped to finish the borders on the pink quilt. I have everything pressed an ready, then I looked again at the fabrics. They really don't go. Now normally I would go to my stash and have a huge range of alternatives to choose from, but I don't do pink so I have very few. More predictably none of them work. I've spent a lot of time looking for a solution this afternoon (no car so I couldn't just go shopping) but so far no joy. I think I will have to go to the shop on Wednesday. Not a problem, I have another quilt to work on, but guess what, I can't find the fabric I want for that either. There are days when I think something doesn't want me to make any progress on quilts.

I think I will just get on with cutting binding. I need about 1000" of two different sizes and small amount of narrow bias. It's not what you would call exciting but it does need doing, and I think it will be very satisfying to have it done. Also I can get some sewn to the front of quilts ready for hand stitching which I can then do in the car tomorrow.

Tomorrow is my birthday so we will be going out. I am planning a trip to Leeds Castle and Canterbury. I've been wanting to go to Leeds Castle (which confusingly is in Kent) for years. When we were students in Canterbury we tried to go but the entry was far too expensive, it seems to have actually come down in price since then. Apparently it has a maze and an underground grotto, which sound like fun to me. I am hoping that I might also find some more inspiration. I find landscapes and buildings very inspiring in general and at the moment I am quite keen on botanical images. I bet I get told off for working at least once tomorrow.

2 comments:

Nellie's Needles said...

Happy Birthday to you! I hope it's a fun day at the castle.

Beverly said...

Happy Birthday! I take it that means May 1, so it's still your birthday where I am--

I will be haunting the mailbox in eager anticipation- my snail mail address is on its way to you!