Saturday, December 30, 2006

Blogging frustration

It isn't fair. Here I am working hard and being creative and I can't show you. I think we should all sulk together. I have nearly finished a quilt in the last two days but as it is a commission for a magazine and a fabric supplier I really have to let them see it first. I am very pleased with it though. I was handed a pile of fabric and told to design something simple and interesting with them. I got very lucky, they were perfect for a recently orphaned (I ran out of time for a competition) idea. A quick redraw and we were off. I will definitely be making another quilt to the same pattern, but with different colours, and another in a slightly different pattern but the same fabric range. It's turned out to be quite inspiring.

I have it almost finished on the frame just in need of some frog stitching. I decided to use a pantograph (it suits the quilt, what can I say) but I have managed to get this row in the wrong place. I didn't realize how hard it is to remove well formed stitches. I certainly have no concerns about my quilting coming out by accident now. So far I have spent an hour removing this row and I am only about a third of the way through. I guess this is the cue for me to get back to it. I really need to have it completely finished tomorrow, and the car cover as well. At least I am mostly enjoying the work, and that certainly wasn't the case when I was working for other people writing computer software.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see the new piece after the way you've described how inspiring the fabric is. Of course, I always love seeing your new work anyway.

Ferret said...

Thanks. It l;ooks like I should have it finished today, and I will take pictures. When I deliver it (probably Tuesday) I will ask if I am allowed to post them. It seems a fitting end to the year. My last quilt finished is a commission. If you had asked me the begining of the year I would have said this wouldn't happen for another year yet. It's been a good year really.