Sunday, November 12, 2006

Che Guevara top complete


Well while I wait for my thread to chill and rehydrate I thought I would show you the finished top. It is now on the frame and about half of the black is quilted, but the thread isn't playing ball. It is now breaking every inch. I have been through all the usual checks and found nothing obvious. I suspect that the house has been very dry for the last week though as we have just turned on the central heating, and the spool of black thread has been sitting on my sewing machine the whole time (I have been using it). Hopefully after a rest it will behave better and I can get the quilting finished. I've decided to do a stipple over the black, and possibly the red. I know it isn't very exciting but I needed something really dense and dull. I didn't want the quilting to talk on this quilt. If I hadn't needed it to be washable I might have gone for something less solid, maybe a series of diagonal lines? It does though so everything needs to be very secure and stipple will do that nicely.

2 comments:

Nellie's Needles said...

Beautiful! Your quilting idea sounds great. Hope the rest of it goes well.

Ferret said...

GRIN guess where my thread is resting :) Once I've done all the running around for the day I will fish it out and see if it is any better behaved. I seem to normally be very lucky, I use an awful lot og black with no problems. I am hoping that either the thread had just got a bit dry, or tha machine was having a strop. It does that from time to time.

Thanks for the tips