Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Online Quilt contest.

If you haven't yet been to the AQS online quilt show there is still time. Although it may have got trickier to vote. You now must have Flash 8 (or higher) installed to see the quilts. On the other hand if you know the number you want to vote for I guess you could still manage.

I finished a quilt yesterday and dutifully delivered it, without taking a photograph. Doh! On the bright side I am pretty certain I will see it again so I will ask if I can take a picture then. It was a really interesting quilt to work on for me. It was so different to anything I would make. It was made with a range of delicate floral fabrics, in a sort of Irish chain pattern. In each of the of the spaces between the chain I put in a patterns of four loopy hearts interlocking. Delicate and pretty but not really girly. The chains were just a single line of squares which I stitched through the middle of to outline the spaces between. There were three borders, two quite narrow, which I just stitched in the ditch, and one wide. In the wide border I used the ruler to put in a trellis. The border is full of roses, so to me it clearly asked for a trellis. The best bit, it's owner loves it. Even better there are more to come. I am quite excited about the next one. It is the one that is talking to me most. It wants lots of swirly suns/flowers depending on how you see it. Next time I will remember to take a picture straight away so I can show you all as soon as the customer has seen it, assuming the customer will let me.

Today I am planning on doing a Linus quilt. I want to do something fun and easy, and these really fit the bill. Knowing that the end user will love pretty much whatever you do is very liberating. I also have a couple that will nicely use up big offcuts of wadding, it's a win all round.

No comments: