Friday, October 20, 2006

Class samples - Art quilts



As promised here are the samples for my Art quilts - Quilting by numbers. These designs will be what the students will make during the class. Hopefully they will be pretty much completed during the day. They were very interesting designs for me to work on. The rose is technically easier. It only needs three colours and most of the areas are quite large. However my lack of knowledge of flowers meant I had to really think how the petals would look. It was particularly obvious when I was quilting it. It took me far longer than the swan even though it has less stitching on it. Who would have thought it? On the other hand the swan was really easy. I know where the feathers are and so for me it was a lot easier even though it should be the trickier design. Just goes to show you can never really predict these things. Still they look great hanging in the shop, and hopefully they will encourage people to fill the class. Oh yes, the rose has indeed run. All the fabrics were pre-washed but still they ran. I used run remover and got it clean again. I pressed it to nearly dry and blocked it overnight. There was just enough moisture for it to run again! Red really is a menace.

The 'Nude Triptych' is now hanging in the workshop at Patchwork Corner. So if you are in the area (Hemel Hempstead) and want to have a look it will be there until the 18th of November.

No comments: