Sunday, October 15, 2006

Yay, back in the workroom


Finally I've managed to get something creative done. This is a sample for a class I am teaching next month. The class is based on the technique I used for the red nude in my triptych. I don't want to do that in the class, it needs too many shades and will take longer than one lesson to complete. I am hoping the rose will be quicker, especially as I have it in two sizes. Tomorrow I will get it onto a background fabric, layer it up and quilt it. I really enjoy quilting pictures now, especially on the longarm. It feels so good having done this today. I am really not happy when I am not making things. Having finished the rose I think the gold flecks in the darkest red make it read lighter than it is. I think I will leave it as something to talk about with the class, so if any of you are taking the class you will be able to pre-empt me. I am planning on making two other designs so there is a choice, but I don't think there will be room to display them all in the shop, guess those will be a surprise on the day. Now to bed and to think about how I will quilt it.

2 comments:

Dormouse said...

Yeah, the gold doesn't quite work. My son is laughing at me because I was sitting back from the 'puter and squinting through my eyelashes at the photo. It seems to catch the light and come 'forward'.

Have fun teaching. I've never been to a quilting class. Another of the things on my 'to do' list.

Ferret said...

I am hoping that I can tone it down a little by quilting over it in a very dark red, but if not it is a good lesson in it's own right.

Quilting classes can be a lot of fun. Even if all you learn is that you will never try the technique again it is a fun day with like minded people. If you have a local shop it is worth a look to see what classes they offer. Failing that the quilters guild AGM has a whole load of classes over a weekend.