Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Innovative Imagery - Digital Rainbow

Well I am going to assume that silence means my quilt didn't make it into the C&T book on digital images on quilts. Bah Humbug. On the other hand this does mean I can photograph it in detail so you guys can try to guess what the pictures are. Yay. My biggest concern is did the entry pack arrive, and on time. It should have done according to the post office but when I tried to track it it never showed up as delivered. I think I might look into it, after all if it didn't even get there I would quite like my postage costs back. They can't compensate for it not making it into the competition but at least I wouldn't be out of pocket.

On the flip side I had another booking today for talking about my quilts, so I don't think I can really explain. Although it is amusing that as I child I said there was one thing I would never want as part of my job, public speaking. I hated it. Funny how talking about something you love make it OK. At the last regional day, one lady doing show and tell said how nervous she was and that she didn't think she could talk. She did and she was great, really animated and enthusiastic, at the end she commented on how surprised she was. You never know until you try.

1 comment:

Dormouse said...

Aw, shame. I'd definitely check that it did arrive though, just in case.

Congrats on the speaker booking. It is funny where life takes us sometimes.