Wednesday, October 04, 2006

National TV interest in quilts

I had such a strange day yesterday, today it seems like a dream. I was working on my challenge quilt when the phone rang. It was a man calling from the BBC Newsnight program. They were planning a piece on global warming. Focusing on the fact that scientist say it will cost less to fix things now than if we wait longer. So a stitch in time... To illustrate it they wanted to use my quilted globe 'Tread Lightly'! What a surprise. I explained that it had been stolen and I would have to contact the owner and see what she thought about it. She was very nice about it and happy for them to film the globe. As it turned out they used the image of an inflatable globe instead, but I am still very flattered to have been asked. I hope that they will remember me and find a use for one of my quilts in the future. If nothing else the idea of a quilt illustrating the news is just fantastic.

2 comments:

Beverly said...

Very cool-- I hope you have another opportunity to showcase your work.

And, I am eagerly awaiting the posting of your challenge quilt. Got mine up on the Yahoo site and blog last night.

Dormouse said...

Shame they didn't use it, it would have looked wonderful. Much better than a plastic blow up one.

I look forward to seeing your quilts on Panorama. ;)