Thursday, October 26, 2006

Linus quilt done.

I really love doing these Linus quilts. They do have their challenges, this on the back is almost bigger than the top :) and I have had to wait a while to know I was going to be able to make it work. But no matter how tricky they are, they are great to do. I can play and do fun work on them. I can use threads that I wouldn't normally and at the end of it I know it will end up with someone who needs it and will love it (probably to destruction). It's just a win win situation. On this one I tried a new to me pattern, I wanted to come up with a couple of quick all over patterns that are fairly dense. Something good for utility quilts. I think is has worked rather well. I guess all these things come with practice and as I have one more Linus quilt left to do I may try and work on another all over design. I think the quilting shows better on the front of this quilt, so I haven't bothered to put in a picture of the back. The backing could be described as loud. It is lime green with wavy patterns on it. It would have hidden a multitude of sins, so ofcourse my tension was perfect throughout the quilt. I bet the next thing I do where I need good tension turns out to be a nightmare. That just seems to be how these things work. Hmm now what to do next. Do I work on some designs? Prepare the patterns for my next nude? Quilt the other Linus quilt? Maybe tidying my desk would be a good start :) I don't think I will ever be a tidy worker.

No comments: