Friday, October 27, 2006

Che design.


A friend recently moved house, and I thought I would make him a wall quilt to make it feel more like home. I was planning on making a motorcycle. It helps he rides my ideal bike. Unfortunately it didn't want to play. It is very fussy and needs lots of detail. There isn't room to hang a really big wall quilt. So when he mentioned to someone else that Che would make a great quilt, I had my solution. This is the design I have produced from the iconic photograph. I was concerned that the design should be what my friends wants, as he is an artist and this is an important image to him. He pointed out that this is one image that however badly it is drawn it is still recognizable. Indeed it does seem to be. It is always hard to judge a pattern full size, this one is 26"x32", but now I have it on the screen I am pretty pleased with it. Now I just need to trace it onto freezer paper and get to work.

No comments: