Sunday, August 19, 2012

Post FOQ recovery

I will post a bit about the show and my quilts tomorrow. but tonight I am glad to be home. Oddly I am now sad to have left my new friends and indeed some old ones. No you can't please me. I'm also missing the air con, the house it 31C. Too hot, far too hot.

Thank you so much to all the great people who helped me during the show. Especially to the lady who not only bought me an ice cream when I really needed one, but also carried my sewing machine and Greek Fossils to my car for me. You have no idea how much that meant to me. Really!

It was amazing to catch up with people I hadn't seen for a year or two. My little chicken stacker is going to Uni, how amazing is that? Will that mean she will lose her chicken stacking skills? There were lots of people there I had taught on courses and I lost track of how many had entered their quilts in various shows. I am so proud of you all, and I hope I will see more of your work out and about. After all without the quilters entering quilts the shows aren't much good are they :)

It's now way too hot for you to expect me to think, so I'm going to leave it here for tonight, except to say when I got home I had an email from the show giving me all the details of the awards ceremony. Doh! They tried, it's just a shame I wasn't home. They had reserved tables for us and everything, but I didn't get the message. Oddly it seems I hadn't put my mobile number on either. I must have been brain dead when I did that form, so apologies for saying they didn't contact me, they did.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Lovely seeing you to. Me! loose my chicken stacking skills? Never 0x0 :)