Wednesday, August 08, 2012
I was thrilled to find I had a shade of purple I've not had before. I am fairly sure now it is a water problem so we had used rainwater this time for all the dye. This should be softer than the local tap water. In fact quite a few of the coulours have come out different shades to normal, which I think is rather fun. It'sa left me wanting to travel around the country teaching dyeing. It would be an amazing way to collect different colours of fabric.
Most of my blacks this time are rather swampy, but I did get one run of 4 shades that look really promising. I also think I have a plan for the rainbow. They may be finding themselves in a quilt very very soon.